Sometimes I need to automate a task in a webbrowser. There are many tools on the market to choose from but so far Watir is my preferred one. These are my main reasons to choose for Watir:
- It's free! It's an open source tool, so there are no costs to use this tool.
- It supports multiple browsers and platforms.
- It uses Ruby, my favorite scripting language. Ruby is concise and a joy to read and write.
- The Ruby knowledge gained when using Watir can leverage my Ruby and Ruby on Rails projects, and vice versa.
- It's lightweight. My computer doesn't suffer when creating or running automated tests.
Have you got any particular reasons to choose or not to choose Watir?